Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Something about English rock bands

I know a little bit about all-time classics, from bands to individual contributors - singers, guitarists, drummers, etc.  My greatest interests rest in the 1980s. 

I love "Eminence Front," but at first did not know the band.  When I learned The Who was the band, I was surprised that I really like them.  Why?  I did some research to discover they are British and third in success to the Beatles and Rolling Stones.  I am not into Beatles classics, perhaps because I am greatly removed from their time in the spotlight.  However, I like a lot of Rolling Stones songs, especially later into their ongoing career.  The Who just seems to fit in, even from their start in the 1960s.

Of course, the natural line in global success based out of England are The Police and Duran Duran (U2, as many know, is from Ireland and directly followed The Police so I have to add them to the rock music throne).  I am now realizing quite a few bands left out of this line because only the greatest historic names are coming to mind at the present time.

The point is I never considered bands like The Who being of interest considering their debut decade.  As the post title says, there is something about English rock bands.

No comments:

Post a Comment