Thursday, May 13, 2010

Set List - Catchy Jingles

Have you ever been glued to the television set in the hopes of seeing a particular commercial that plays a catchy jingle? Have you become so addicted to that jingle that you hit the Internet and iTunes hard to find the name and musician? If you answered yes to both, then you truly are a music enthusiast.
Some years ago, Mitsubishi presented its newest car model to the world. However, what the Japanese company was not counting on with the automobile success it may have gained was the trick advertisers cleverly came up with. Music. For months, viewers became listeners. "Days Go By" as performed by Dirty Vegas became an overnight smash. This jingle - err, song - has a nightclub beat to it without being on the oppressive house side. At the time of its release, "Days Go By" was an immediate addiction to many, who got their fix over the radio. I, myself, could not get enough. And this past week, I downloaded the song to my iTunes collection.
Kia Motors recently presented to the world two new car models. However, Kia inadvertently presented two new songs that have left much wonder to listeners. Both are cleverly presented and more than catchy.
"Fort Knox," by Goldfish, has a sound that can only be described as the Italian Mafia goes country western with a large hint of rock. I admit that I am addicted. I must "get my groove on" every time I listen. This song has soul and funk. And it is best acted out by animated hampsters (oh that one).
"How You Like Me Now?", by The Heavy, is comical as acted out by animated stuffed dolls and is just too much fun to listen to. I imagine this song being reminiscent of James Brown, had he created and performed well into the 21st Century - groove, funk, and fun.
Readers may think that I watch too much television to find these songs. I find myself to be passionate, finding great and unique tunes anywhere.
Rev up your engines and play it!

No comments:

Post a Comment