Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Live @ Lollapalooza - Set List

Duran Duran

I tend to reminisce up to 2005 - emphasis on Live from London and earlier.  Out of coincidence, all of my Duran Duran posts include Andy Taylor still with the band.  I suppose I have to move on.

I planned to feature Live from London today, but opted instead for a more recent performance being in Argentina at Lollapalooza in 2017.  I am not entirely comfortable with the new format Duran Duran has set up in concerts, especially with the introduction of background performers not always, in my opinion, entirely necessary for most of the classics the band plays. 

Live from London - The band seemed relaxed.
Lollapalooza - The band seemed rather eager.

Live from London - Astronaut and classics
Lollapalooza - Paper Gods and classics

I am not one for change, so the set list for Lollapalooza has thrown me off a bit.  And the concert says the rest of it.  Here is the 2017 set list -

1.  The Wild Boys
2.  Hungry Like the Wolf
3.  A View to a Kill
4.  Last Night in the City
5.  Come Undone
6.  Notorious
7.  Pressure Off
8.  Ordinary World
9.  Reach Up For the Sunrise
10.  White Lines (Don't Don't Do It)
11.  Girls on Film
12.  Rio

No comments:

Post a Comment