Sunday, April 29, 2018

Sunday Favorite - Birthday Edition

Today's Sunday Favorite is "Fort Knox" - a favorite must in my music collection. 

I discovered "Fort Knox" and Goldfish on a television commercial break for Kia Soul sometime ago.  The well-known hamsters are forever popular.  I can only imagine what the successful advertisement did to the Kia Soul car sales.  And then there is the commercial jingle...my adored love.

"Fort Knox" was not my first post for the ongoing commercial jingle theme, but was a landslide favorite when I did post the video.  For this reason, "Fort Knox" by Goldfish is my Sunday favorite in this birthday edition.  Have a great Sunday.

Brief history of Goldfish - (Wikipedia source)

- Duo from Cape Town, South Africa...Dominic Peters & David Poole

- Dance music style known for integrating house, pop, jazz, and African music

- "Best Pop" at the MTV Africa Music Awards (2014)

Perceptions of Pacha - (Wikipedia source)

- Released August 29, 2008

- 15th South African Music Awards (2009)

Nominated - Best Producer
Nominated - Best Duo or Group
Nominated - Album of the Year
Win - Best Dance Album
Win - Best Engineer

Duo roles -

Dominic Peters
Writer, Engineer, Keyboards, Synthesizers, Piano, Upright bass, Bass guitar, Programming

David Poole
Writer, Engineer, Vocals, Saxophone, Flute, Programming





No comments:

Post a Comment