Monday, April 16, 2018

The Ten Minute Rule

Question - Why am I posting Chris Botti's rendition of "Let It Snow" on a jazz album meant for the holiday season?

Answer - I do adore the holidays.  I do love jazz.  I am a forever fan of Chris Botti as well.

I digress.

Answer - The ten minute rule.

What is the ten minute rule?  Chicago can best explain this question.  We experience every season.  Winter and Spring tend to overlap every few years.  Summer and Autumn tend to overlap every few years.  For example, one week ago, Southern Illinois experienced temperatures in the 70s and along Lake Michigan, temperatures were in the 40s.  Wait ten minutes and the temperature would even out.  As another example, this past weekend was frigid and miserable with high wind gusts and rain.  Wait ten minutes and I woke up this morning to a good amount of snow covering grassy surface and some pavement surface.

Let It Snow has become increasingly common in April in Chicago.

In Chicago, always wait ten minutes for the weather forecast to change in a heartbeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment