Monday, April 30, 2018

Wake Up Monday Edition 1

Wake Up Monday - Start the work week off with a blast...Loud, exciting, live, fun, enjoy!

In this post, I would like to honor not only Stevie Wonder but of more importance, the song "I Wish."  There are so many Stevie Wonder classics that go without saying.  Yet, I never knew about "I Wish" and so I thought I would take some time to learn more here.

Stevie Wonder tribute - (Wikipedia source)

Born May 13, 1950

Blind since shortly after birth

Birth name - Stevland Hardaway Morris

Stage name - Stevie Wonder

Singer, songwriter, record producer, multi-instrumentalist ... "child prodigy"

Signed with Motown's Tamla Label at age 11 ... Performed and recorded with Motown into the 2010s

Sample classics - "Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours," "Superstition," "You Are the Sunshine of My Life," "I Just Called to Say I Love You"

Recognition - 30+ top ten U.S. hits ... 25 Grammy Awards ... Sold over 100 million records worldwide

Political causes - Fought for Martin Luther King's birthday to be a holiday (1980) ... Named a United Nations Messenger of Peace (2009) ... Ranked #6 on Billboard Hot 100 All-Time Top Artists (2013)

"I Wish" - (Wikipedia source)

Released in 1975

Reflection on childhood in 1950s and 1960s

No. 1 on Billboard Hot 100 and on soul singles chart

Funk-Soul Genre

No comments:

Post a Comment