Friday, June 29, 2018

Passion for Fashion

Fashion on its own appears to be a weekly theme, so on this Remember When Friday, I thought I would reflect on my love for the industry.

I am an academic by education, so how I ended up with a passion for fashion is a true mystery.

Kitsy Lane -

Kitsy Lane was a fashion jewelry startup launched in 2012.  There was no need for an interview and there was no starter kit fee.  I came across Kitsy Lane as a random advertisement in an unrelated web search.  Out of curiosity, I clicked through and immediately loved the products.  I set up my own unique online boutique and went from there. 

Kitsy Lane did have many corporate flaws that affected boutique owners and customers.  The company eventually shut down and is no longer in business.

Chloe + Isabel -

Chloe + Isabel is a fashion brand with roots in fashion jewelry.  There is a required interview.  If selected, there is a starter kit fee at a healthy cost...but so worth it. 

All accepted applicants are titled "Merchandiser."  Merchandisers are set up for success with unique boutiques to customize on their own.  Pop-ups,  or in person trunk shows, are highly recommended to generate optimal commission income.  Merchandisers and customers are offered incentives to maximize the Chloe + Isabel experience.

Merchandisers -

For every $500 in sales, Merchandisers receive a $50 credit.  For every $1,000 in sales, the credit amount increases. 

Ultimate Merchandiser incentive -

Financial and title growth
Merchandise Manager, Senior Merchandise Manager, Divisional Merchandise Manager ... Forever 40

Forever 40 - Once a Merchandiser generates consistent 5-figure sales, they are inducted into the Forever 40 club where they are permanently set at 40% commission.  Commissions begin at 25%.

MM (Merchandise Manager) is the immediate sought after once achieving $1,000 every month for three consecutive months.  SMM and DMM tend toward the corporate side and any advance beyond that may lead to an official corporate position and relocation to New York City (HQ).

Chloe + Isabel has grown from jewelry to accessories to themed collections to men's accessories and so much more.

I remained as a Merchandiser for three years and eventually stepped down in 2017.  My passion for fashion, however, was sparked with Chloe + Isabel.  I learned a great deal about fashion, especially with regards to styling.

Every passion in life is launched from one moment.  My moment was C + I.

I will never know how I went from being a History major and earning a post-graduate Paralegal certificate to officially saying I have a passion for fashion.

Upon reflection in this Remember When Friday, my love for fashion is meant to be. 

Upon reflection in this Remember When Friday, my love for blending music and fashion is meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment