Thursday, July 26, 2018

Fashion Direct Sales

In this edition of Anything Goes Thursday, I will once again write about fashion...from a direct sales point of view.

Chloe + Isabel

- Requisite phone interview
- Select starter kit if accepted
- Online customizable boutique included
- Sell from home or at pop-ups
- 25% - 40% commission
- Unlimited earning potential
- Entrepreneur
- Merchandiser title
- Merchandise Manager/Senior Merchandise Manager titles upon reaching certain financial thresholds

I was with Chloe + Isabel for three years.  I chose the basic starter kit.  I customized my online boutique to reflect who I am.  All of my sales were through my boutique because the highly suggested methods were not practical for where I live.  I maintained the 25% commission rate throughout my time as a Merchandiser.  I made my rounds on social media. 

From day 1, my heart was set on Merchandise Manager.  Three years later, I left as a Merchandiser. 

Corporate has a huge effect on direct sales companies.  Chloe + Isabel was not immune.  There were changes that affected many...I was one of them.  And so I left.

Avon

- Select starter kit
- Online customizable store included
- No set recommendations on how to sell
- 20% - 50% commission
- Unlimited earning potential
- Entrepreneur
- Independent Sales Representative title
- Financial growth potential

I am a new Avon Sales Representative (as is already known).

Chloe + Isabel was lucrative in many ways.  So why Avon? 

Wide range of products.  Generous prices.  Orders $40 or more receive shipping.  Women's, men's, and children's selections.  Guaranteed must-haves.

Avon and Chloe + Isabel are classified as direct sales, but both are considered as more of a lifestyle by nature.

I am not a natural salesman.  So why Avon?

Full control in how sales are driven in, as opposed to strict recommendations. 

Profound love for the products.

Trust in the company.

I will never know how I went from academia to fashion to fashion direct sales.

In this edition of Anything Goes Thursday, I suppose I have found my reasoning.





No comments:

Post a Comment