Thursday, July 5, 2018

Must choose...

In this edition of Anything Goes Thursday, I thought I would share facts about my interest in music that I do not always post on Set List.

Let's jump right in.

Favorite Jazz Style -

Smooth Jazz & Swing Jazz

For example, The Rippingtons  have a modern upbeat tone and are classified as smooth jazz.  On the other hand, Chris Botti is emotionally driven and along the line of Miles Davis.  I would not necessarily classify Chris Botti as smooth jazz, but I do not know where else to go.

Duke Ellington and Benny Goodman, just to name a few, define swing jazz.  The beat is strong and lasting.  Audience engagement is encouraged.

Favorite Rock Style -

Classic Rock

Aerosmith, Rush, AC/DC ... Just to name a few

Favorite Jazz Musician -

Greg Adams

I would classify Greg Adams as smooth jazz and, as such, highly recommend "Burma Road" for its tap into the listener's imagination.

I could easily go on with my favorite jazz musicians, but Greg Adams is one to notice.

Favorite Rock Band -

If you know this blog, you will know my answer - Duran Duran.

Country Music -

No ... Just no

Rap Music -

Generally no.  However, there is one song from the soundtrack to the movie, Blue Streak, called "Criminal Mind" that does not necessarily sound like rap in the traditional sense.  Otherwise, no.

Classical Music -

Generally no.  However, some tine ago I purchased a Thomas Kinkade Christmas album with orchestral music performing traditional carols.  Lovely renditions really and rather soothing.  Otherwise, no.

Live Concert -

No.  The volume is too overwhelming.

Favorite Radio Station -

90.9 FM WDCB

Local to my former community college.  Mainly jazz during weekdays.



No comments:

Post a Comment