Sunday, September 16, 2018

Sunday Favorite

In this edition of Sunday Favorite, I am once again sharing a favorite commercial jingle - "Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now" for Heinz Ketchup.

Funky, upbeat disco best describes "Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now."

After brief research, I found that "Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now" is a 1979 disco song attributed to Gene McFadden and John Whitehead (Jerry Cohen on keyboards).  I suppose, then, I wasn't too far off with my description.

Side notes -

No. 1 on R&B Singles Chart (spent one week)
No. 13  on Billboard Hot 100
No. 5 in the UK
No. 10 on disco charts
Double Platinum with over 2 million copies sold

History -

Considered to be a reflection of the African American community experience
"new black national anthem"

(Source - Wikipedia)

Enjoy the video below.

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment