Sunday, October 28, 2018

Record Loop

When I launched Set List, I wrote about so many musicians and specific songs.  At some point, I found myself in record loops where there would be a song stuck in my head.  "Fort Knox" by Goldfish and "Uptown Funk" by Bruno Mars were massive record loop songs when they debuted in pop culture via commercial jingles.  I love "Fort Knox," but "Uptown Funk" especially is an iconic staple in 21st century music.  In fact..."The song became a worldwide phenomenon with its major impact on pop culture." (Wikipedia)

In this post, "Uptown Funk" is not streaming in my mind.  In the whole of this week, "Once in a Lifetime"  by Talking Heads has been stuck in my mind - a record loop.  Every time I hear this song, I tend to stop whatever I am doing to absorb the beat on its own.  The lyrics are, of course, rather intriguing.

The official video is rather...let's just say interesting.

With this said, enjoy the song below.

Quick question - If you have a record loop song, what is it?  Share your thoughts in the Comments section at the end of this post.


No comments:

Post a Comment