Monday, November 26, 2018

Electric Barbarella

My first thought when watching the "Electric Barbarella" video is a model made to order.  In a sense, the video is similar to the Disney film, Pinocchio - still life becomes reality.  She is uniquely designed with makeup and maid attire.  She functions on an electric level.  A rather odd lyric - "Princess of my dreams."

The "Electric Barbarella" video is certainly one of a kind.  The lyrics to "Electric Barbarella" are unusual, but the tone is defining to Duran Duran - even if lacking the original lineup.

There is one lyric I cannot get past - "But you never looked so good."  Perfect skin, plastic kiss, fake fur, fake pearls.  She is designed to be the ideal figure.

In the post, "I Don't Want Your Love," I admitted to not being an overall fan of the song but loved the live intro.  In the case of "Electric Barbarella," I love the song for its energetic beat but the lyrics are seemingly off in a way I cannot describe.

This is my take on "Electric Barbarella."

No comments:

Post a Comment