Monday, November 12, 2018

History Lesson

When I was a junior in high school, "We Didn't Start the Fire" was on a lesson plan.  My fellow classmates and I had to guess the historical significance of every lyric - who, what, when.

Every person learns in a different way - visual, auditory, and kinesthetic (movement).  I am a visual learner.

"We Didn't Start the Fire" is ideal for all three learning styles - auditory lyrics, visualizing the historical lyrics, and kinesthetic movement to the lyrics.

Learning styles aside, I am featuring "We Didn't Start the Fire" today as a U.S. history lesson following Veteran's Day on November 11th.

Veterans must always be honored for their service, whether surviving or passed.  The history of every veteran is shared with following generations.  Oral history and history in a textbook.

"We Didn't Start the Fire" is musical history.

And so may the video below this post be a history lesson to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment