Monday, November 19, 2018

I Like Noise

Veteran's Day is a reflective day to honor those who have served and come home or served and sacrificed.

The holiday is now in the past, so I thought I would lighten the Set List mood with "I Don't Want Your Love" by Duran Duran as performed live from London in 2004.

In the intro, Simon Le Bon is encouraging Roger Taylor and Roger knows exactly what to do.  Simon and Roger are talking to each other in an instrumental way.  Throughout the concert, Roger talks to Nick Rhodes in an instrumental way and to Andy Taylor in an instrumental way as well.  The connections are profound and intriguing.

My favorite part of the intro is when the band just stops to let the audience roar.  I especially love watching Nick back off from his keyboards.

There is electricity in any rock concert between the band and the audience.  Proof - "I like noise!" by Simon.

"No.  I like more noise than that."



No comments:

Post a Comment