Monday, December 24, 2018

Merry Christmas

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day hold meaningful traditions for me.  Christmas Eve is spent with a nice dinner and opening "Big Kahuna" gifts.  Christmas Day is spent with donuts, Santa gifts, and stocking stuffers.  Every year is filled with eager anticipation.  I am well known for buying "big kahuna" gifts months in advance. 

As I write this message, I cannot help but remember those I have lost this year - my grandmother's brother and my cat of 13 years.  As I write this message, I cannot help but remember a loving bond once was and now no longer.

The holiday season is meant to be lighthearted and peaceful, families brought together for two reasons - the holidays and truly just being together, joyful laughter and silence in awe of snowfall, excitement to enjoy the sparkling household decorations and tree decorations, the tree skirt filled with presents, imagining who will receive what and what could possibly be...this is my holiday season.

In the end,

Merry Christmas

- Lauren


No comments:

Post a Comment