Monday, December 10, 2018

Holidays 2018 Series - Most Wonderful Time

Christmas Eve is two weeks from today.

My home is decorated.  My presents are ready to be wrapped and displayed on the tree skirt.  My stocking stuffers are even ready. 

I am dreaming, as the song goes, of a white Christmas.

My family and I have a holiday tradition - "big kahuna" gifts on Christmas Eve, Santa gifts and Dunkin' Donuts on Christmas morning, and of course stocking stuffers on Christmas morning.  "Big kahuna" gifts are the most special, unexpected, and financially possible.  I take great pride in affording big kahuna gifts every year...except for a few years when I am unable to afford the most special gift.

My heart breaks every time I am unable to afford the most special gifts.

My heart breaks for every family who can barely afford any gifts.

I have collected six bags filled with donations - clothes, toys, and special goodies.

I can only hope that these donations will provide the most wonderful time for those in need.

1 comment: