Monday, January 7, 2019

Chris Botti Collection

I discovered Chris Botti in 2003. 

I  was recently diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder and suffered massive bouts of depression.  I turned to anything for comfort.

Chris Botti, recorded or live, is emotionally driven.  His tone on the trumpet is distinct and strikingly similar to Miles Davis.  I was familiar with Miles Davis, so I considered Chris Botti's music.

My collection began with Night SessionsI do not remember any song from the album airing on the radio, so how I discovered Night Sessions I will never know.  I do know that I listened to the album every day as a source of soothing peace to accept the fact that I am permanently mentally ill.

My Chris Botti collection has since grown to include A Thousand Kisses Deep, Italia, To Love Again, and The Very Best of Chris Botti. 
Chris Botti - My first jazz collection.

Chris Botti - My first favorite jazz musician.

Image result for night sessions album cover images
 
Image result for the very best of chris botti album cover
 
Image result for italia album cover
 
Image result for to love again album cover
 
Image result for the very best of chris botti album cover

No comments:

Post a Comment