Thursday, January 31, 2019

On His Own - Part 3

Due affiliate disclosure  

In this final post in the On His Own series, I am featuring Robert Palmer.

Robert Palmer is best known for The Power Station, including Andy Taylor, John Taylor, and Tony Thompson (former Chic drummer).

The Power Station's "Some Like It Hot" ranked No. 6 in the U.S.

Robert Palmer performed once with the band on Saturday Night Live, but opted out of touring to focus on his solo career...

...and that is my cue to focus on Robert Palmer alone.

I am only familiar with Robert Palmer's solo work - mainly through his Best Of album.

Of the 10 songs on the album, my most favorite song is "I Didn't Mean To Turn You On."  Another favorite is "Sneakin' Sally Through The Alley."  "Addicted to Love" and "Simply Irresistible are  of course iconic to Robert Palmer's career...

Iconic career -

Top 10 singles in the U.S. and UK
2 Grammy Awards for Best Male Rock Vocal Performance
MTV Video Music Award
2 Brit Award nominations for Best British Male Solo Artist

(Source - Wikipedia)

In honor of Robert Palmer's immense talent, if I may be so bold...


 
&
 

No comments:

Post a Comment