Saturday, January 19, 2019

Planet Earth


 Image result for duran duran albums
1981
 
 
"Girls on Film"
"Planet Earth"
"Anyone Out There"
"To The Shore"
"Careless Memories"
"Night Boat"
"Sound of Thunder"
"Friends of Mine"
"Tel Aviv"
 
I discovered "Girls on Film" by unfortunate accident - the music video.  I greatly appreciated the live version some time later.
 
I discovered "Planet Earth," "Careless Memories," and "Night Boat" through Live from London - a DVD my mom got me as a gift for completing my last Fall semester as an undergraduate in 2007.
 
My album collection grew because of the DVD.  My collection grew to include Duran Duran.  I took great interest in "Tel Aviv" as a sole instrumental.
 
And then there is "Planet Earth."  Live, always.  Recorded, it's been awhile.  Music video, intrigued.
 
As with "Driven to Tears," the music video for "Planet Earth" shared a message.  A profound statement is made when music addresses the state of society, whether then or now.
 
Consider the message brought forth in the music video for "Planet Earth" -
 

 
On a lighthearted conclusion, enjoy the other version of "Planet Earth" -
  


No comments:

Post a Comment