Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Music Lesson by Roger Taylor

I always imagine the drums being the most simple instrument to play.  Sit at the kit and tap away. 

Now, I do know there are differences in drum kits - one for rock music, one for jazz music, and electronic drums.  I am guessing the electronic drums are for rock music, but again just a guess.

In regards to rock music, I tend to wonder if drummers use one type of kit when recording and another type of kit in live performances.

Since there is so much to learn, I thought the best resource would be Roger Taylor of Duran Duran.


 
When Nick Rhodes introduced the concept of electronics to Duran Duran music, a unique style was formed and allowed the band to offer a distinct sound.  If you watch the Live from London DVD, you will see closeup shots of Nick not only playing his keyboards but also his synthesizers.  Ironically, Nick is quite partial to Roland as well.  In this post, I was surprised to learn that Roger has taken to electronics in music.
 
I  think Duran Duran evolves with every new generation.  Roger Taylor is an example.
 
An intriguing music lesson!  



No comments:

Post a Comment