Friday, March 22, 2019

Friday Fave

In this edition of Friday Fave, I am featuring I Wish... as the most well received post based on my stats.

"I Wish" is a reflection of Stevie Wonder's childhood in the 1950s and early 1960s. 

Consider select "I Wish" lyrics to better understand the song as a whole -

...Then my only worry
Was for Christmas what would be my toy
Even though we sometimes
Would not get a thing
We were happy with the
Joy the day would bring
...I wish those days could come back once more
Why did those days ever have to go
...Cause I love them so

He got into trouble as a young boy, but all children get into trouble.  He learned better as he grew up and knew that childhood antics aren't always right, but in the moment...

I think all adults can relate to "I Wish."  The innocence of childhood tends to get lost as we grow into adult responsibilities.  The pure joy of life is best felt early in life.  Adulthood has its own perks, but during the work week, life is based on the morning alarm clock and office clock ticking away.  I think that for adults, joy includes Friday afternoon rush hour because the work week is over, weekend plans out or just staying home, a sigh of relief when chores are kept up to date...and I suppose so many other reasons.

At any rate, "I Wish" is meant for the young at heart.

On this note,
Happy Friday!



No comments:

Post a Comment