Thursday, March 28, 2019

Lauren's Weekly Favorite

I thought this edition of Lauren's Weekly Favorite would be an easy choice.  Steve Martin's musical comedy is a breath of fresh air and a profoundly one of a kind mix of humor and bluegrass music.  As of Sarah Jarosz, I have really taken to the bluegrass genre.  On the other hand, my milestone celebration lingers with "Stayin' Alive" by the Bee Gees.  I truly do not know which to call my Thursday weekly favorite.

Unless...Can I include both?

In my introduction to Set List in 2010, I provided a disclaimer - Set List would be about anything music in any way it forms.  Set List may be inspired by Duran Duran, but is not limited to Duran Duran (although there are times when I appear exclusive to Duran Duran).  As you can clearly tell, I do not focus on one genre at a time.  One post may be about one genre and another post may be entirely different.  This is what I love about Set List.

And so yes, I would like to include both Steve Martin and the Bee Gees in Lauren's Weekly Favorite.

"Atheists Don't Have No Songs" is my personal Steve Martin favorite.  As a reminder -


The "Stayin' Alive" YouTube video is of course below.


No comments:

Post a Comment