Saturday, March 30, 2019

Top 3 Most Favorite Commercial Jingles

In this edition of Saturday Music Pick, I am opting for a change of pace.  Where normally I highlight a favorite music selection as featured during the week, I am instead highlighting my top 3 most favorite commercial jingles...

...And it has been quite some time since I wrote about commercial jingles.  I have long believed that commercial jingles help shape popular culture and the music industry.  A profound statement is made when a song lasting mere seconds on television is immediately searched for online, on YouTube, and on iTunes.  In the realm of music, this is pop culture at its finest.  In the realm of music, this is all cultures uniting on common ground.

Out of curiosity, I could have chosen "Cha Cha Cha" by Jimmy Luxury for the 2017 Corona Light commercial.  Intriguing, but not quite my style.  I could further have chosen The Heavy's "How You Like Me Now" from well in the past (Kia advert in 2011).  Awesome iTunes purchase.  

And then there were four...well, three are listed as my top most favorite jingles, but a fourth jingle name mysteriously does not exist in any search I have conducted.  

In 2016, Matthew McConaughey was the established face of the Lincoln auto line.  In 2016, mass curiosity flooded Google searches for the jazz song behind the Lincoln MKX.  To date, I myself have no idea.  Speculation suggests Miles Davis, but I cannot seem to find the exact song on iTunes.  I did, however, find the advert on YouTube.  This is the fourth jingle.



"Fort Knox" by Goldfish for the Kia Soul commercial in 2010 - The forever famous hamsters.  An iconic advertisement that led to an iconic song as a staple in the music industry.  Well at the top of my most favorite songs, let alone being a commercial jingle.


"Worship" by Lizzo is the backdrop for the 2019 Weight Watchers Freestyle Program.  I personally find the upbeat tempo to be an inspired groove.  Although I myself am not a member of Weight Watchers, the song maintains a pace to keep anyone moving in their own way.


"Saltwater" by Geowulf is the backdrop to the 2019 Corona commercial.  This commercial is known more for the themed line - "A Corona Gets Its Lime."  As for the song, I find a sense of relaxation with no need to rush through a beat or lyric.  "Saltwater" is a great choice for the product being advertised because a slower pace is best to enjoy the beverage and atmosphere - both musical and literal.


And there you have it - my top 3 most favorite commercial jingles from 2010 to present.  Of course, you never know what advertisement agencies will feature in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment