Music, Fashion, Culture - Set List

Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Musical Chairs

Question - 

Do you remember the game musical chairs?  Any song would play as unsuspecting players circled around slowly emptying available seats.  No one knew what the song would be and no one knew when the song would end.  All that anyone knew was winning a rather unnerving game.

Well, this post is a game of musical chairs.  

I initially planned to share "Eruption" by Van Halen.  I am forever in awe of the powerful and profoundly talented guitar solo.  Unfortunately, I was unable to find the solo itself on YouTube to share here.

I considered - at random - "Everybody Have Fun Tonight" by Wang Chung, but the official video is rather static and visually shaky, so I opted out of that.

Which brings me now to the last available musical chair - "If I Ever Lose My Faith in You" as performed by Sting and Chris Botti in the 2009 Chris Botti Live in Boston concert.  A mix of genres blended seamlessly into one.  For this reason, I settled with a choice far from what I intended to present.

Out of curiosity, below is the set list for Chris Botti Live in Boston -

Chris Botti In Boston.jpg

1.  "Ave Maria"
2.  "When I Fall In Love"
3.  "Seven Days" (featuring Sting & Dominic Miller)
4.  "Emmanuel" (featuring Lucia Micarelli)
5.  "I've Got You Under My Skin" (featuring Katharine McPhee)
6.  "Cinema Paradiso" (featuring Yo-Yo Ma)
7.  "Broken Vow" (featuring Josh Groban)
8.  "Flamenco Sketches"
9.  "Glad to Be Unhappy" (featuring John Mayer)
10.  "Hallelujah"
11.  "Smile" (featuring Steven Tyler)
12.  "If I Ever Lose My Faith in You" (featuring Sting & Dominic Miller)
13.  "Time to Say Goodbye"

My take away from the Live in Boston set list -

"Ave Maria" is the most beautiful song I will ever listen to.  Whether performed live or recorded for an album, the rendition is the same and is forever peaceful spiritually and musically.

When Chris Botti announces his rendition of "Flamenco Sketches" as originally created by Miles Davis, the color drains to black and white which I find to be a touching sentiment and honor to the one and only Miles Davis.

If ever you come across the Live in Boston DVD, consider a purchase.  

No comments:

Post a Comment