Music, Fashion, Culture - Set List

I knew Set List would be my career with the first post I published in 2010 & my love for Set List will remain always. If possible, please donate to, well, my career through PayPal (link on side). Comment. Converse. Without you, I would not be.

Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now

Although both Ketchup commercial jingles were viable in choice, I thought I would focus more on "Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now" in this post.

Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now McFaden & Whitehead.jpg



Notes -
- R&B duo McFadden & Whitehead
- "Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now" disco single from 1979 debut album, McFadden & Whitehead

Meaning -
- "succeeding despite having faced previous disadvantages" (Wikipedia)
- "referred to as the new black national anthem" (Wikipedia)

Success -
- No. 1 on R&B Singles chart
- Peaked at No. 13 on Billboard Hot 100
- No. 5 in the UK
- No. 10 on disco charts
- 2x Platinum (Over 2 million copies sold)

(Source - Wikipedia)

My take away -
I will always prefer 1980's music in any form it may come in.  However, 1970's disco is catchy and a decade worth considering.


No comments:

Post a Comment