Music, Fashion, Culture - Set List

I knew Set List would be my career with the first post I published in 2010 & my love for Set List will remain always. If possible, please donate to, well, my career through PayPal (link on side). Comment. Converse. Without you, I would not be.

Saturday, May 11, 2019

American Music Icons Ahead of My Time - Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers

TP - Runnin Down a Dream single.jpg


Although Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers are ahead of my time, they will forever be quintessential all-American in the music industry.  I am a fan of so many Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers songs on my own - without the influence of generations before me.  "Runnin' Down A Dream" - by Tom Petty alone - is by far my most favorite.  So let's talk about that one.

"Runnin' Down a Dream" -
- Released in 1989
- Second single on debut solo album, Full Moon Fever 

"Runnin' Down a Dream" Success -
- No. 23 in Canada
- No. 55 on UK Singles Chart
- No. 23 on Billboard Hot 100
- No. 1 on Billboard Album Rock Tracks

(Source - Wikipedia)

Speaking of Full Moon Fever -
- No. 3 on Billboard 200
- No. 8 in the UK

Genres considered - Heartland Rock, Rock and Roll

Certifications -
5x Platinum in the U.S. (5 million copies sold)
6x Platinum in Canada (600,000 copies sold)
Gold in the UK (100,000 copies sold)
Gold in Sweden (50,000 copies sold)

(Source - Wikipedia)

As a side note, there are two other songs on Full Moon Fever that I like - "Free Fallin'" and "I Won't Back Down."

Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers are established all-American in the music industry - as evidenced in being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2002.  Tom Petty on his own is more than an icon.  He is a lasting musical legend.  He will forever be a devastating loss in music.


No comments:

Post a Comment