Music, Fashion, Culture - Set List

I knew Set List would be my career with the first post I published in 2010 & my love for Set List will remain always. If possible, please donate to, well, my career through PayPal (link on side). Comment. Converse. Without you, I would not be.

Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Set List Anniversary Special - Tom Sawyer

Moving Pictures.jpg


Point of intrigue -
Rush was a Canadian rock band.

Moving Pictures -
- 8th studio album
- Released in 1981
- Genres considered - Progressive Rock/Hard Rock

Success -
- No. 1 in Canada (Canadian Albums Chart)
- No. 3 in the U.S. (Billboard 200) & UK (UK Albums Chart)
- Rush's highest selling album in the U.S. (over 4 million copies sold)

Certification -
- Quadruple platinum in the U.S.
- Quadruple platinum in Canada (400,000 copies sold)
- Silver in the UK (60,000)

(Source - Wikipedia)

"Tom Sawyer" is a "staple in classic rock radio and Rush's live performances"


"Tom Sawyer" Success -
- No. 24 in Canada
- No. 44 on U.S. Billboard Hot 100 
- No. 8 on Billboard Top Tracks
- 19th greatest hard rock song of all time by VH1 (2009)
- Inducted into the Canadian Songwriters Hall of Fame (2010)

(Source - Wikipedia)

My take away -
"Tom Sawyer" truly is a staple in the music industry and iconic music history.  Where Rush is one generation ahead of me, I will always love "Tom Sawyer" and even "Limelight" - just to name a few.  

Conclusion -
Rush was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2013.

An impressive and honorable career.


No comments:

Post a Comment