Music, Fashion, Culture - Set List

I knew Set List would be my career with the first post I published in 2010 & my love for Set List will remain always. If possible, please donate to, well, my career through PayPal (link on side). Comment. Converse. Without you, I would not be.

Sunday, September 13, 2020

Inspired

Welcome to the launch edition of the Sunday series, Inspired.

In May 2010, I established the essence of Set List - anything music and in any format - article posts, YouTube videos, affiliate marketing, and so on.  Ten years later, the essence of Set List remains.

Inspired is about anything music that holds personal meaning to the listener, especially for emotional reasons that inspire positive hope and outlook.

In this launch edition, my inspiration is "Keep Holding On" by Avril Lavigne.  


Background -

Last track on the 2007 album, The Best Damn Thing

Theme song for the 2006 film, Eragon

Success -

No. 17 on Billboard Hot 100

Top 10 on Hot Adult Top 40 Tracks

As of September 2015, 1.6 million digital copies sold in the U.S. 

Certifications -

Platinum in Canada and the U.S.


"Keep Holding On" is an inspired song to me because at the time of its release, I was in emotional distress.  I was torn between college schoolwork and a family crisis.  I struggled with school and I was in a functional depression to cope with the crisis.  I became somewhat anorexic and lost an unhealthy amount of weight in a very short period of time.  When I first heard "Keep Holding On," I felt for the first time a sense of hope and, at the end of the day, a positive outlook.  Life will get better and strength will find its way.

"Keep Holding On" - Inspired 

No comments:

Post a Comment