Sunday, October 18, 2020

Inspired - Special Edition

In this special edition of Inspired, I am honoring Eddie Van Halen with a personal favorite - "I'll Wait."

"I'll Wait" -

Second single from Van Halen's 6th album, 1984

No. 13 on Billboard Hot 100

Strong emphasis on keyboards, synthesizer bass, and drums

Point of intrigue -

David Lee Roth and producer, Ted Templeman, wanted to scrap the song ... Eddie Van Halen and engineer, Donn Landee, pushed for the song to stay on the album...

...and so you have "I'll Wait."  

(Wikipedia)

Although I could have featured "Eruption" to honor Eddie Van Halen as well as other favorites by the band - such as "You Really Got Me," "Panama," "Dance the Night Away," and so many more - I feel inclined toward "I'll Wait" and its relieving chance to be on the 1984 album thanks to Eddie.

His influential solo may not be listed here but his talent is truly inspiring.

A sad loss in music.

No comments:

Post a Comment