Music, Fashion, Culture - Set List

Friday, October 8, 2021

Bonus Friday - "Anniversary" Live

 

I have heard "Anniversary" only once as performed in the official video.  The majority of my interest in the song came through the drum cover by Astronaut2005 Drummer.

In years past, I have written two reviews of up and coming musicians (a band and a solo).  I do not intend on writing a review here because that is best up to seasoned music journalists.

I will say that the opening instrumental with just the bass guitar is reminiscent of "Wild Boys" - beat and growing excitement.

When the electric guitar is introduced, there is a brief sense of reminiscence of "The Reflex."

The verse lyrics present a sense of finality and the chorus presents a sense of soothing tone and delivery.

I really will never be okay with backup singers on songs that do not naturally need backups.  However, "Anniversary" fits and completes the live experience.

Overall and the above remarks being my own, every member fell into their own place and all came together seamlessly.  I am eager to hear the new album in full.

No comments:

Post a Comment