Music, Fashion, Culture - Set List

I knew Set List would be my career with the first post I published in 2010 & my love for Set List will remain always. If possible, please donate to, well, my career through PayPal (link on side). Comment. Converse. Without you, I would not be.

Monday, October 18, 2021

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame - Class of 1989 No. 1

 Dion

Inducted by Lou Reed

(Wikipedia)


Dion DiMucci "Dion" is best known as the lead singer of Dion and the Belmonts and in his solo career.  Dion is considered one of the "most popular American rock and roll performers of the pre-British Invasion era."

Dion's solo career includes rock and roll, Christian albums, secular music, and blues.  He had 39 Top 40 hits between the 1950s and 1960s.  Genres considered - Rock, Pop, R&B, Blues.  

Dion's success was a hit or miss, with some songs charting well and received positively by critics and some songs received poorly.

Follow the Wikipedia link above to read more.

Where musicians before Dion in The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame held impressive awards, accolades, and other inductions, my personal take away from him is his induction into The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1989.  In pure honesty, I have never heard of Dion DiMucci or his solo/group work.

A brief message to readers and passersby,
If you are familiar with Dion, please leave a comment to share what you know.  I am always eager to learn as I continue with Set List!

No comments:

Post a Comment