Monday, October 18, 2021

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame - Class of 1989 No. 4

 The Temptations

Inducted by Daryl Hall and John Oates

(Wikipedia)


Brief note - Hall and Oates also inducted Smokey Robinson in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 1987.

The Temptations are best known for leading the psychedelic soul genre.  (Psychedelic soul is a hybrid of soul and psychedelic rock.)  They also put their stamp on R&B and soul music.

"My Girl" is the band's signature song.

To date, the current members continue to perform.

Follow the Wikipedia link above for a full background.

Honors -

4 No. 1 singles on Billboard Hot 100
14 No. 1 R&B singles 

3 Grammy Awards

Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award (2013)

"My Girl," "Just My Imagination (Running Away with Me)," "Papa Was a Rollin' Stone" - among the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's 500 Songs that Shaped Rock and Roll

No. 68 on Rolling Stone's 100 Greatest Artists of All Time

Final thought -
Although I am not entirely a fan of The Temptations, I am a fan of their signature "My Girl."

No comments:

Post a Comment