Music, Fashion, Culture - Set List

I knew Set List would be my career with the first post I published in 2010 & my love for Set List will remain always. If possible, please donate to, well, my career through PayPal (link on side). Comment. Converse. Without you, I would not be.

Thursday, April 21, 2022

Set List Journal Entry #12 - Live with Duran Duran

I still remember the night as though it were yesterday.  Fifteen rows behind the right hand speakers and the volume made my heart pound what I thought outside of my chest.  The electric guitar was electric.  The drums blasted.  The lyrics were unknown to me because...this was just the opening act!  

And then the wild boys walked on stage.  Screaming fans were more like a roar of excitement.  I was familiar with most of the songs enough to sing along to.  The songs from the promotional album, Red Carpet Massacre,  were new to me because I did not have a copy yet.  Mum's the word for those songs.

The classics were my favorite - "Ordinary World," "Save a Prayer," and so on.  "Last Chance on the Stairway" was familiar but I did not know the verses, just the chorus.

The lighting shined and sparked to enhance the concert experience.

The night ended after 11:00pm.  When my mom and I came home, I was wide awake and still in concert mode so I grabbed a piece of paper and a pencil to write down the set list.  I did not want to forget the songs performed and when they were played.

The night was a college graduation gift from my mom.

Fast forward two years to find Set List - https://playit08.blogspot.com.  I have an extensive iTunes list and album collections from a variety of musicians and genres but none come close to Duran Duran inspiring my long lasting blog I adore...much the way I adore DD.

No comments:

Post a Comment