Music, Fashion, Culture - Set List

I knew Set List would be my career with the first post I published in 2010 & my love for Set List will remain always. If possible, please donate to, well, my career through PayPal (link on side). Comment. Converse. Without you, I would not be.

Thursday, April 7, 2022

Set List Journal Entry No. 10 - Reach Up for the Sunrise

When Astronaut was released and the original lineup went on tour, there was one song in particular that received the most attention, both recorded and live.  The song - "Reach Up for the Sunrise."

"Reach Up for the Sunrse" was the first song recorded on Astronaut and the first song performed live from London.  The music video was not so much except for Roger Taylor's drums.

"Reach Up for the Sunrise" was track No. 16 on the live album, A Diamond in the Mind  (2011).  The lineup was no longer original.

Simon Le Bon, Nick Rhodes, John Taylor, Roger Taylor

Additional musicians - Dom Brown (guitar), Simon Willescroft (saxophone), Anna Ross (vocals), and Dawne Adams (percussion).  

Andy Hamilton was with Duran Duran as a saxophonist for a good number of years.  Sarah Brown performed backup vocals in Live from London.  Although both are missed, their current collaborations are imnpressive - such as Sarah now being with Simple Minds.

There is a striking difference in the way Andy Taylor played the guitar and the way Dom Brown plays the guitar.  I found Andy to precisely hit each note with an edge.  I find Dom to approach the electric guitar differently and perform in his own style.

I could go on about the female backing vocals but that would throw me off track.

To conclude this post, consider which performance you prefer better  - Live from London v. A Diamond in the Mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment