Music, Fashion, Culture - Set List

I knew Set List would be my career with the first post I published in 2010 & my love for Set List will remain always. If possible, please donate to, well, my career through PayPal (link on side). Comment. Converse. Without you, I would not be.

Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Reality - Sin Of The City

I once dedicated myself to the 4 o'clock hour news broadcast.  The theme with each headline was a reality check - life in select neighborhoods was not fair and guns fired to kill was a common Monday subject.  

Chicago, Illinois, U.S. truly is the murder capital of the Midwest and mayor to mayor cannot help because there is no way to help at this point.

Michigan Avenue is to Chicago as Rodeo Drive is to Beverly Hills and 5th Avenue is to Manhattan, New York.  Michigan Avenue however has become the latest scar of violence with Louis Vuitton especially as the target.  Chanel has boarded up.  The well known tourist attraction - Water Tower Place - has since become a shell to a once flourishing metropolitan mall.

Somehow the pandemic did not curb violence.

Duran Duran's song, "Sin Of The City," best defines my point.

No comments:

Post a Comment