Sunday, August 6, 2023

Sunday Special - 1956 Honors

On August 6, 1911, the entertainment industry was graced with the birth of Lucille Ball.  As the ultimate queen of comedy, who could not help but love Lucy.

On August 6, 1956, someone was born.  Of the many that happen to be born on August 6th, in the past and in the present, that someone was destined to be my father.  His name is Peter.  He is shy of 70, so make the most of 67!

With that said,

1956 Honors

In 1956, the No. 1 song in the Pop genre was "Heartbreak Hotel" by Elvis Presley.  In 1956, the No. 1 song in the R&B/Soul/Hip-Hop genres was "Honky Tonk" by Bill Doggett.  In 1956, the No. 1 song in the Country genre was "Crazy Arms" by Ray Price.

In 1956, the No. 1 album was Calypso by Harry Belafonte.

His love for smooth jazz caught my attention.  I now have the full Weekend in Monaco album by The Rippingtons in my iTunes library.  By far, my most favorite smooth jazz song is "Cosmic Monkey" by Paul Brown.

In this musical reflection, I am sharing interest with not The Rippingtons or Paul Brown but one he honored me on my birthday quite some time ago - "Kurski Funk."

Best wishes on your most Happy Birthday, Dad.  May it be filled with love, laughs, and content happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment