Thursday, November 9, 2023

Cher Grammy

Dedicated to Janet Thompson

April 8, 1925 - November 9, 2021


You once spoke highly of Hubert de Givenchy as he spoke fondly of you.  You were a visiting friend in his country estate - not a guest.  I can only imagine the lovely conversations spoken in French.

When Hubert passed away, I cannot imagine your grief.  He always considered you his wife - that is how close you both were.  (This was quite the honor as Givenchy was homosexual.)

On September 14, 2021. God took my best friend away from me.  On November 9, 2021, I lost my friend.  What did God want from me?

I am now without all grandparents.  

Let's cheers things up.

Grammy, 

Votre amour de la culture francaise et de la belle langue perdure longtemps apres votre deces.  (Your love of French culture and the beautiful language lasts long after your passing.)

Votre passion pour la France est une inspiration pour ma passion pour Paris.  Ne serait-ce qu'un jour.  (Your passion for France is an inspiration for my passion for Paris.  If only someday.)

With that said and in two languages, the number one in 2021 French music is -

In November 2021, the No. 1 song in France was "Le Classico Organise" by the artist of the same name.

In November 2021, the No. 1 album in France was Voyage by ABBA.  (Of the many listed, this one stood out the most.  Irony - ABBA is a Swedish band and my precious grandma was 100% Swedish.  I suppose one grandparental nod to another in this post.)

In November 2021, the No. 1 artist in France was Mylene Farmer.  She has sold over 30 million albums worldwide, making her one of the best selling artists in France as well as holding the record for most number one singles in French charts (21 with 8 being consecutive).

No comments:

Post a Comment