Saturday, November 11, 2023

Fashmuse Saturday

In the launch edition of Fashmuse Saturday, I split the one word into two so the grammar would make sense - Fashmuse into fashion and music.

In the first edition, I featured inspiration and empowerment among women from all backgrounds.  With regards to fashion, I shared the newest Cents of Style "Let's Go Girls" collection and recent Pura Vida "Outdoorsy Gals" collection.  With regards to music, I shared Shania Twain's "Man! I Feel Like A Woman" on YouTube.  To sum up, you go girl.

In this edition of Fashmuse Saturday, I am featuring only the best  through quote in print, cause, and music.

Confused?  

Let's try Cents of Style.
Discount code - HOVIS20

What's The Best That Could Happen?

Oversized Graphic Sweatshirt
Sizes XS - 3X

What's The Best That Could Happen?

Distressed Crew T-Shirt
Sizes M - 3X
Colors - Navy, Pink, Sand, Lavender

Let's try Pura Vida.
Discount code - LAURENHOVIS20

Mental Health Awareness Bracelet


In 2003, I was diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder.  In 2004, I was diagnosed with Temporal Lobe Seizure Disorder.  In 2011, I was diagnosed with Panic Disorder.  I am in the care of my 8th psychiatrist since 2003.  I have been hospitalized several times, mostly in my earlier years.  As of 2011, I am also struggling with agoraphobia.  In the summer of 2022, I was admitted for physical reasons - double pneumonia caused by RSV.  I tested negative three times for COVID-19.  Nonetheless, I was under constant care because I was really sick.  I was in the hospital for six days and eventually discharged with oxygen.  The longest I have been hospitalized in a psychiatric ward is seven days.  Therefore my admission last year caused extreme PTSD.  

Circle back to mental health awareness.  Whether under care or know someone under care, please know that mental illness should never be stigmatized.  Invisible disability is as profound as visible disability and no one chooses to be disabled.  So put yourself in my - our - shoes to better understand how vital mental health awareness is.  Consider this bracelet for purchase.

What's the best that could happen?  Mental health awareness.  Why?  Build strength and belief that anything positive is possible.  Such as?  Refer to the YouTube video below.

No comments:

Post a Comment