Monday, February 12, 2024

Night Sessions

Night Sessions


4th album
Released in October 2001
No. 4 on Top Jazz Albums chart


In the realm of pop rock and synth-pop, Duran Duran was my first collection from their debut album to their most recent.  

In the realm of pure smooth jazz, a mixed album with a rainy day theme was my first.  Of course, The Rippingtons are always a must.

In the realm of classic jazz, Miles Davis and Chris Botti are staples in my collection under this genre.  Miles Davis reflects passion for the instrument and the art form.  Chris Botti follows suit but also profound emotion.

Night Sessions was my first album in my Chris Botti collection and at the time, I was in a deep depression with dark night lasting all day, even in beautiful blue sunny weather.  I have grown stronger now, so I rarely listen to the CD but the emotions behind the recordings will last forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment