Sunday, March 10, 2024

Sunday Favorite

In this edition of Sunday Favorite, my top choice is a mix of popular culture, music, and a fashion label with fiction appearance -

The Job Is In Paris

In a span of 10 years - 1994 to 2004 - six characters of entirely different backgrounds and career interests came together out of naturally formed friendship.  When casting settled on six actors, naturally formed chemistry found itself on set, rehearsal, and I am certain table reading.

Laughs and tears

Heartbreak and excited heart

Bloopers with contagious reaction

Studio audiences with contagious reaction

They, and so many at home, got to watch six best friends for half an hour one day a week.

Viewers found themselves somehow relating to one or more characters.  As a late bloomer in fashion, I best related to "Rachel Green" and the real names but fictitious roles.

In reality, I have applied to Bloomingdale's roles, Ralph Lauren roles, and Louis Vuitton roles.  Although ultimately receiving rejections, I do maintain a few fashion related blogs.

Where I will never land a career in the fashion capitol of the world, I do have London on my bucket list.  Since Paris and London have fashion weeks, my bucket list isn't too far off and "Rachel Green" isn't too far off.

And so as you can tell, "Friends" as a sitcom, one line thought to change the course of the series ending, and the popular iconic theme song combine into one Sunday favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment