Monday, April 8, 2024

Set List Special Edition

Janet Thompson Hovis

April 8, 1925 - November 9, 2021

Janet was one of three children to Isabel and Bif Stouder Thompson.  He served in World War 1 and she was a house wife.  Janet had an older brother, Henry, and an older sister, Natalie.  Janet and Natalie defined friendship and sisterhood.  

Janet was very eager to be a grandmother when she grew older.  I came along in 1983 and her "golden child" Michaela came along in 1993.  Grammy and I were never close and in fact argued more than I want to admit.  Michaela and Grammy, on the other hand, were the best of friends and bonded by love.

Enough about the family tree.  

In this Set List Special Edition, I am honoring music in 1925...Janet's 99th birthday year.  May she and her family honor and celebrate in Heaven.

January - "Tea for Two"

February - "I'll See You in My Dreams"

March - "Oh Lady Be Good"

June - "Sweet Georgia Brown" ... "The Saint Louis Blues"

July - "Yes Sir, That's My Baby"

August - "Manhattan" ... "I Want to Be Happy"

September - "If You Knew Susie (Like I Know Susie)"

November - "Remember"

As for individual musicians. one name consistently comes up in research - Hank Thompson.  As mentioned above, Grammy's brother was named Henry but, with Hank as a common alternative, was not this musician.

With clarity set, let's learn more about Hank.

September 3, 1925 - November 6, 2007

Genre considered - Country, Western Swing

Leader of The Brazos Valley Boys
No. 1 on Billboard for 14 years - in the considered genres

Hank's list of albums and singles are exhausting to list here, so know only that his works date from 1952.

Honor -
Inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame (1989)

No comments:

Post a Comment