Music, Fashion, Culture - Set List

Thursday, August 8, 2024

Musical Memories - "RPM" Boney James

Ride


8th album by saxophonist, Boney James

Released in October 2001

Genre considered - Smooth Jazz

"RPM" is third on the album's track list

(Wikipedia)

Musical Memories

"RPM" is in my iTunes Library.  As with "Electric Barbarella," this song and associated album don't always come up automatically.  Of course, I tend to opt for shuffle mode.

Some years ago, I was scrolling through my first Apple iPod (a forever classic despite retired design).  I noticed "Electric Barbarella" and thought the beat was catchy and one to move to.  Scroll after scroll led to "RPM" and its aerobic tone.

"Electric Barbarella" was whole body intense.  "RPM" worked my arms.

"RPM" is a musical memory for the same reasons as "Electric Barbarella."  However, my love for the song dates to its release when I first heard it on the radio.  I was a freshman in college and loved the experience.  "RPM" kept me going and energized if classes became difficult.

As for exercise memories, "RPM" kept me going and pumped up knowing that my set was soon coming to an end...

...as is this post.

Keep going, keep energized, and always play it.  

Find your musical memory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment