Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Classics : Part 2














First and foremost...I bet you didn't know I would have interest in hard rock.  Quite the stray from Classics : Part 1.

The Police and U2 are distinct in lyrics.  Aerosmith, Guns N' Roses, and AC DC are, in my opinion, distinct in sound as well as songs.

Steven Tyler has an electrifying voice with striking edge to lyrics and the instrumentals.  "Back in the Saddle" and "Dream On" are forever favorites for me.  "Dream On" defined the generation before me and continues as a classic to the present day.

Slash defines the electric guitar.  He owned his role in Guns N' Roses.  I generally tolerate the lyrics to the songs just to listen to him perform.

AC DC seems to strike a happy medium between Aerosmith and Guns N' Roses.  A powerful voice from Brian Johnson and dominating instrumentals make the band as unique as their genre.

I do want to comment on the cover logos for all three.  I find that pop rock covers play the images safe to enhance the recording more.  The covers shown in the videos below are daring and sharp.  One might hesitate to go beyond the covers to listen to the music, but for all those who do go beyond the covers, the songs show edge and definition to an entirely different form of rock.

The Police, U2, and of course Duran Duran are classics in their own right.  Every member of each band blended together and stood out at the same time.

Aerosmith, Guns N' Roses, and AC DC are classics in a sketchy hard rock way.  All three took vocal and instrumental talent to the next level.  I truly am awe-struck by the value hard rock and heavy metal bring to music.

No comments:

Post a Comment