Thursday, April 12, 2018

Fleetwood Mac

Off topic note - My cat, Darby, is going to be 17 years old at the end of this month.

My mother and I recently talked about a band we both like - Fleetwood Mac.  This then led to a song we both love - "Edge of Seventeen" (hence my off topic note).

We were not entirely sure how to classify Fleetwood Mac as mainstream or in a unique genre.  We both felt that the band did not feel mainstream.  So I researched Fleetwood Mac with Wikipedia showing up first in search results.

Fleetwood Mac is a British-American band and is classified first as pop rock/folk rock with the addition of Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks in 1974 (the original members being guitarist Peter Green, drummer Mick Fleetwood, and guitarist Jeremy Spencer).  Wikipedia further classifies Fleetwood Mac as soft rock, blues rock, art pop, and British blues.

Fleetwood Mac as a band went through ups and downs in terms of members.

The history is rather extensive, so I will let Wikipedia tell the story.

I will admit that from time to time I will like select songs from bands, but not the band in full.  This would be the case of Fleetwood Mac.

"Edge of Seventeen" by Stevie Nicks is a long-time personal favorite for its tone, lyrics, and rhythm.  Outside of this song, there are only a few others that I would consider.

Music is ever evolving, so catchy songs may be all for interest or catchy songs may turn into albums of interest or historic bands need no introduction.  Does this make sense?  Leave a comment below to let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment