Thursday, April 5, 2018

Henry Mancini

Movie scores by Henry Mancini

I was watching the 2009 version of The Pink Panther with the most notable Steve Martin.  Over time, I have seen every Pink Panther film in the series (especially those with Peter Sellers).  The Pink Panther intro and ending music is iconic.  This, then, led me to the original Pink Panther from the early 1960s.

I am a huge fan of Henry Mancini.  His scores are intriguing and timeless.  His scores are original and his own.  I am most familiar with two of his works, but would be remiss if I did not touch on the most profound score.

Breakfast at Tiffany's
Charade
The Pink Panther

The complete list of Henry Mancini's works can be found on his official website - Henry Mancini.

Of the three, I will choose to feature Charade.  This film introduced me to Henry Mancini and I have long since been able to catch on to his work before his name is in the credits.

As of 1994, may Henry Mancini rest in peace.  His music will last forever.

Enjoy the above video post.

No comments:

Post a Comment