Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Wednesday Once Over - Edition 3

On Wake Up Monday, I posted two YouTube videos - "Red Carpet Massacre" and "The Valley."  I meant to follow up with a brief history of the Red Carpet Massacre album, but of course opted to share my first concert experience on May 14, 2008...being the ten year anniversary.

In today's edition of Wednesday Once Over, I would like to write about the history of Red Carpet Massacre

History -
(Wikipedia source)

- 12th studio album
- "Falling Down" only single released from the album
- Andy Taylor's departure was a devastation to the creation of the album ... The band rewrote the entire album after Taylor's permanent absence.

(Follow the link above for a more detailed discussion of the history of the album.)

Reception -

- Mixed reviews
- #44 on UK Albums Chart - second lowest debut album (following Pop Trash in 2000)
- #36 on U.S. Billboard 200 ... 29,000 copies sold in first week
- #116 in second week (U.S.)
- As of February 2011, U.S. sales reached 102,000

My take away -
I am not one for chart rankings and critic reviews and reception.  I am one for songs and overall albums.  One other song I liked on Red Carpet Massacre was indeed "Falling Down."  Did I like the music video?  Not really because the setting hit a little too close to home.  This in no way meant I denounced the song, though.  I loved the concert on May 14, 2008 and will always feel like it just happened a day ago.  This would be my fan review.

No comments:

Post a Comment