Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Two for Two Tuesday - Edition 6

In today's edition of Two for Two Tuesday, I am writing a play on song titles - "Back In the Saddle" and "Back in Black."  As you can tell, the theme is "back."

"Back In the Saddle" - (Wikipedia source)

- Rocks album released in 1976

- Single released in 1977

- Rather intimate in nature (Follow the link above to see why)

- No. 38 on Billboard Hot 100


"Back in Black" - (Wikipedia source)

- On the album of the same name

- No. 37 on U.S. Billboard Hot 100

- No. 51 on Billboard's Top Tracks chart

- Gold and Platinum in 2006 (RIAA)

- 2x Platinum in 2007

- No. 4 by VH1 on 40 Greatest Metal Songs list

- Second greatest hard rock songs of all time (VH1 in 2009)

- No. 187 on Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Songs of All Time list

- No. 29 on Rolling Stone's The 100 Greatest Guitar Songs of All Time


My take away regarding "Back in Black" -
Impressive.  I always found the song to be intense in vocals, as I did with "Back In the Saddle."  I have really ruled out AC/DC though.  I might give this one a standing chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment