Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Wednesday Once Over -Edition 6

In Two for Two Tuesday, I noted the word "back" in "Back In the Saddle" and "Back in Black."  When I researched the history of the "Back in Black" song, I noticed that it was a feature on the album Back in Black.  In today's Wednesday Once Over, I thought I would post the history of the Back in Black album.

Image result for back in black album cover

Back in Black History - (Wikipedia source)

- 7th studio album
- Released in July 1980
- Cover design as a "sign of mourning" for the loss of vocalist Bon Scott

Back in Black Honors -

- 50 million copies sold worldwide
- One of the best selling albums in music history
- Yearlong world tour to promote Back in Black ... One of the most popular music acts in the 1980s
- #26 on Rolling Stone 100 Best Albums of the Eighties
- #82 on VH1 Top 100 Albums (2001)
- #77 on Rolling Stone The 500 Greatest Albums of All Time (2003)
- #2 in 100 Best Australian Albums (2010)
- Best selling hard rock album of all time
- Best selling album released by an Australian musical act
- 22X Multi-Platinum (2007)
- 6th rank in best-selling albums in the U.S.
- No. 1 in Australia and the UK


My take away -
Not much could be found about "Back In the Saddle" in song history.  Information I was able to note was rather, let's just say, interesting.  I still like the song.  "Back in Black" on the other hand received great and lengthy praise.  The album of the same name received stellar and honorable praise.  I wouldn't necessarily say I like every song on the album, but "Back in Black" is intriguing for the electric vocal pitch.  Therefore, I like the song.  Therefore, I am intrigued by the band.

No comments:

Post a Comment