Saturday, November 10, 2018

Music Pick - Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

In July 1993, my family and I moved from Southern California to Illinois.  There were so many differences - turn signals were optional, suburban families were clique in nature, children my age (10) never came into Chicago to know the difference between the Hancock Tower and the Sears Tower (Willis Tower).  I could very easily go on.

There is one difference that stood out the most - snow.  My first experience with snowfall was in October 1993...just flurries, but still.  Snow in October seemed odd, but welcome to Illinois.  I was fine with the experience.  In fact, I was eager for more snow as the winter season came along.  As the years went by, the first snowfall progressed into the months - October to November to December.  At any rate, I fell in love with snow early on.  The first flurry was always magical to me.  The first measurable snow was always enjoyable to me.  In 2009, I experienced my first blizzard.  That really was an experience!

And so on this Music Pick Saturday, I choose "Let It Snow!  Let It Snow!  Let It Snow!" as my favorite from this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment