Sunday, December 2, 2018

Sunday Favorite - Special Edition

In this special edition of Sunday Favorite on Set List, I am highlighting the most viewed post to date.  In all honesty, the featured post below is a personal favorite as well.

And so...

You spoke.  I listened.

I Like Noise

I cannot imagine the profound electric energy in Wembley on that one recorded night.  I can imagine the audience noise matching the instruments in volume.  As Simon Le Bon declared,

"I like noise."

More specifically -

"No.  I like more noise than that."

I never knew how loud a rock concert could be until I saw Duran Duran live in 2008.  My heart pounded with every tap on the drums.  My ears blasted with every guitar pick.  The audience sang along in unison at the very top of our lungs.

I now know, and will forever know, why Simon demanded his love for noise.


No comments:

Post a Comment